Friday, July 15, 2011

Special Thank Yous

We like to copy our special thank yous from patients and their families. These are most heartwarming. We hope you enjoy reading them as much as we do. These families are so inspirational. We wish every child the best life has to offer them.
Cherish every moment }i{

Dear Todd and Jennifer,
I wasn't able to properly thank you for stopping in to visit me and my son and bring him toys. I was so touched by your kindness and I was hoping to talk to you and be able to thank you before you left. My son has cerebral palsy from a hypoxic birth injury, this is the 4th brain surgery we have had since april because he developed hydrocephalus in his brain and needed a shunt. After the first surgery the shunt got infected during surgery and had to come out. We then had to put in a temporary drain, then a week later replace his shunt and today he had to have another revision done to the shunt to make it work better. This last year has been so hard and its the small things that people do to show love and kindness that helps you thru it. I know I am emotional right now because of what we are going thru but I was crying after reading about your beautiful daughter. I think this is a beautiful way of honoring her. We will treasure these gifts always because of the love behind them.
Thank you so much for the gifts and being so kind.

Dear Todd and Jennifer,
We are the parents of a one year old boy named Joseph. We are in the American Family Children's Hospital in Madison, Wisconsin and recieved a whole bag full of gifts from you yesterday. It meant so much to us. Joseph has undergone 8 surgeries in his short life and has quite a few to go. He has a strong and beautiful spirit, and is my personal hero I think it is wonderful what you are doing, Riveria's life continues through what you are doing. What a beacon of hope.
Our greatest blessings and fondest wishes to your family.

Our Family would like to Thank You for the gifts. During our daughters latest hospital stay at American Family Children's Hospital, Brooklyn recieved your gifts. You can watch Brooklyn's story at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hptlnj6XySw

We can't thank you enough for the gifts


What a small world!! I am amazed by all your family does!! The more I read the blog, the more amazed I become!! Keep up the great work, you truely are making a difference!!

My family and I would like to thank you for your visit and gifts you have given or son as we stayed another time in the hospital in hopes to help his heart rhythm issues. Your little girl is adorable and we are soooo sorry for your loss. My god bless your family for for the wonderful things you do !!!


I just wanted to say thank you for the wonderful dinosaur blanket my son got. He was flown on Med Flight to UW from Janesville on Thursday after he had an accident while he was walking on our street. He is not a little one - he is 17 years old, but he loves the blanket and it's so nice to have something that looks like home instead of hospital stuff.

The doctors are hopeful for a full recovery in a year or two. He is a strong boy who has wanted to become a doctor since he was 6 years old. He's a smart kid too - 28 on his ACT and the plan has been for him to be a part time senior at Craig High School and a part time freshman at Blackhawk Tech taking his EMT and IV Tech classes this fall. We may have to delay that for a little bit, but I know he will get there!


You will see by reading these thank yous what a difference these gifts make to these kids. We are so fortunate to take our tragedy and do something magical with it. Our goal is that people don't forget Riviera and to bring smiles to children.

No comments:

Post a Comment